Benefits more than the athletes
What is Sports Medicine?
Sports medicine is the branch of medicine that uses exercise, activity, sports and movement as a form of treatment. It deals with issues and problems arising from sports and exercise such as in athletes and people who seldom exercise as well as using exercise and activity to treat other health conditions and illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease and lung disease. It also encompasses improving performance and function for everybody, from those who can hardly climb stairs to the elite athletes, by improving their lifestyle, diet, habits and movement.
Who should see a Sports doctor?
- Individuals who want to enhance their personal sports performance
- Individuals who suffer from sport injuries or have exercising issues
- Individuals who have worsening joint or limb function
- Individuals with metabolic and diabetic conditions and require modifications in their lifestyle habits
- Individuals who have been inactive for some time and desire to start exercising
What are the types of services provided?
- Musculoskeletal/ Sports Consultation
- Sports Treatment
- Dry needling
- Exercise Prescription
- Lifestyle Management
- Performance Optimisation (Specific to sports activities)
- Gait and Motion Analysis
- Exercise performance testing - VO2max/ CPET testing
- Health Screening
- Pre-exercise Screening
- Pre-event Screening
- Functional Testing
- Physiology Testing – Resting Metabolic Rate Test
When do you see a Sports doctor?
- When you have sports or exercise issues and desire to return or maintain an active lifestyle
- When you have worsening joint or limb functions
- When you want to enhance your sports performance
- When you have a pre-existing health condition and are unsure what type of exercise is suitable for you to engage in
- When you need help in lifestyle habits and modification to improve your health
How can patients benefit from seeing our Sports doctor?
- Recover fast, recover well
- We aid in getting the affected area to heal properly while improving flexibility and range of motions as quickly as possible through various sports treatments
- Bring your sports performance to the optimal level
- We hope to support you in attaining your optimal sports performance through lifestyle and training regime modifications
- Start a healthy lifestyle
- Healthy living is not a fad, it is a mindset shift
- We assist patients with diabetes and metabolic problems and help them to embark on a new lifestyle to improve their well-being and keep their conditions under control through exercise and changes in lifestyle and habits
- Injury prevention and risk management
- Learn how to minimise the risk of injuries from exercise and sports from employing various combination of conditioning, strengthening, stretching and recovery strategies.